You must be 18 to enter, no purchase necessary, one entry per household. If you or anyone in your household has won a prize from Northwestern Media, WCIC, WBGL in the last 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the last year, you are not eligible to enter. Employees and immediate family members of Northwestern Media, its participating sponsors, or affiliated agencies are not eligible to enter.
All general Northwestern Media contest rules apply and are available below or at our studios in Peoria and Champaign during regular business hours.
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS BROADCASTED ON WBGL and WCIC AND ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITE. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE ITS OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any Northwestern Media contest.
- Only one entry per household. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
- To be eligible to win any prize with Northwestern Media, you must not have won anything in the past 30 days, or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past year. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be considered null and void, and an alternative eligible winner may be named.
- A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the I.R.S. for each winner who has won a prize with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- In the event of a tie, winners will be decided by a random drawing. All contest decisions are final.
- Anytime you call the WBGL or WCIC studios, you have agreed to have your name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material. You grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a WBGL or WCIC contest, your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
- Northwestern Media,WBGL and WCIC reserve the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC are not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of radio station will be final.
- 1-866-917-9245 is the official contest line for WBGL. WBGL is not responsible for dropped calls or loss of connection during any contest.
- 1-888-691-9150 is the official contest line for WCIC. WCIC is not responsible for dropped calls or loss of connection during any contest.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- Employees or immediate family members of the Northwestern Media Network, participating sponsors, affiliated advertising agencies and their immediate family members may not participate in contests conducted by WBGL or WCIC.
- Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be mailed. Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC are not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes caused by the mail system.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL, and WCIC will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC, its agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any WCIC contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC reserve the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The decision are always final.
- Northwestern Media, WBGL and WCIC reserves the right to end the contest at any time.
- The following are specifically related to electronic (email, website or social media) contests for WBGL and WCIC: All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified. Any problems with the internet or email are not our responsibility.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, all decisions will be final.
- Any promotions involving Amazon, Apple, Google or Visa products are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with said companies. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases these companies from any responsibility or liability for the promotion’s administration, prizes, or promotion.
- Contest rules may be requested during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 8am until 5pm) from WBGL and WCIC.